Workfast Work Health and Safety Policy Statement
Workfast operates under a documented Integrated Management System (IMS) which complies with the requirements of the with ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Standards.
All Managers, supervisors, workers and contractors must observe and work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System (IMS) and Workfast is committed to:
- Providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health and is appropriate to the purpose, size and context of the organization and to the specific nature of its WHS risks and WHS opportunities and eliminating hazards and reduce WHS risks.
- Providing effective systems of work and resources both financial and human to ensure themaintenance and continual improvement of a safe working environment; and continually improve the effectiveness of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Ensuring internal communication is a principal element of the IMS and the Workfast IMS shall be documented, implemented, maintained and communicated and understood to all workers within the organization.
- Ensuring Workfast and its staff shall comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, statutory and other identified requirements.
- Making Workplace Safety management an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position and managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring that effective systems are implemented which allow staff to safely carry out their work without risks to health and safety.
- Effective consultation and participation of all workers in the IMS.
- Ensuring staff and contractors carry out their duties in a safe and responsible manner by following relevant safety instructions and reporting any potential workplace hazards and risks.
- Continually improving the IMS by establishing WHS objectives and targets to assist Workfast in meeting the commitments of its WHS Policy, and to achieve continual improvement in WHS management and WHS performance, through a measurement, reporting and improvement process.
- Ensuring the Workfast WHS Policy shall be available to interested parties, the public, and shall be reviewed periodically to ensure it remains relevant, appropriate and continuing suitability to the organisation.