The M6 Motorway (previously F6 Extension) program of works is a proposed multi-lane road link that aims to give better connections to Sydney’s south. It will be delivered in 3 stages.
Stage One comprises continuous twin tunnels connecting the New M5 at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah.
- twin four-kilometre tunnels linking the New M5 Motorway at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah
- ramps between the main motorway tunnel and the surface intersection at President Avenue
- tunnel stubs for a future connection south to extend the M6
- a new intersection at President Avenue including the widening and raising of President Avenue at this location
- the upgrade of President Avenue/Princes Highway intersection to improve capacity and network integration
- shared cycle and pedestrian pathways connecting Bestic Street, Brighton-Le-Sands to Civic Avenue, Kogarah including a new bridge over President Avenue
- motorway support infrastructure including tunnel ventilation systems and a motorway control centre, and
- new service utilities including a permanent power supply line.
Stage One (Arncliffe - President Avenue) is the first of the four study areas of the M6 corridor geotechnical analysis that proceeds to planning and development. The remaining three study areas and likely future stages of the M6 program are:
- President Avenue - Taren Point (Section B)
- Taren Point - Loftus (Section C), and
- Loftus - Waterfall (Section D).